132 Business Talent Visa (Permanent)
This is a permanent visa designed for high calibre business people who are owners or part owners of an overseas business and have a genuine and realistic commitment to participate in the management of a new or existing business in Australia.
- You must be less than 55 years of age (unless state and territory government waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the relevant region)
- You must also be nominated by an Australian state or territory government
- You must lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and wait received an invitation from Department of Immigration to apply for this visa
There is no requirement to meet the Business Innovation and Investment points test.
The 132 Business Talent Visa is permanent residence visa available to applicants in two streams:
Significant Business History Stream for people with ownership interests in large businesses
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream for people who have access to venture capital funding of at least AUD 1 million
Significant Business History Stream
For the Significant Business History Stream, you (or your partner, or you and your partner combined) must have all of the following:
- net assets of at least AUD400 000 (in a qualifying business) in at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- total assets of at least AUD1.5 million that can be legally transferred to Australia within 2 years of the visa being granted
- a total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million (in one or more of your main businesses) in at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- ownership of at least:
- 51 per cent of a business with turnover of less than AUD400 000 per annum, or
- 30 per cent of a business with turnover of more than AUD400 000 per annum, or
- 10 per cent of a publicly-listed company
- an overall successful business career with no involvement in unacceptable business activities
- a genuine desire to own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream
For the Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream, you must have a venture capital funding agreement of at least AUD 1 million through an Australian company who is a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL) for the start-up, product commercialisation or business development relating to a promising high value business idea.
Benefits of the 132 Business Talent Visa (Permanent)
132 visa is a permanent visa which allow you and your immediate family members (such as a partner and dependent children) included on the application to live, work and study in Australia.
Have more questions?